Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Stupid Oilers

First intermission, Oilers lead Phoenix 3-2 after scoring two powerplay goals in the last two and a half minutes. I say they're stupid because they've done it, they've made be believe they're going to be in this playoff race. I mean they are, kind of, but not really. A win tonight would put them five points back of Colorado for 8th, still a ways back except for this: Vancouver, Colorado, Minnesota, Minnesota, Colorado, Calgary, Calgary, Vancouver. That's their schedule after tonight so yeah, they can make up some ground. They could also get hammered and finish back in the bottom 5 but at this point, up a goal with Gagner, Cogliano, Grebeshkov, Gilbert and Nielsen leading the way (and I do mean lead, the Kid Line is the Number 1 line BY FAR right now), they've made me think it's possible. And I hate that, because all my dispassionate analysis says they won't make it. And this isn't a jinx because I didn't have a good feeling about this game going in and don't think they'll win now. There's pretty long odds against beating any team four times in one year, let alone a decent Coyotes team. I'll say this though, if they did the impossible and made the playoffs, you can't give the Jack Adams to anyone else but MacT: down Horcoff, Torres, Souray and Moreau, that's quite an accomplishment. One they won't do! Or can they? No dammit, they can't.

2nd period...

No comments: