Sunday, December 2, 2007

First Past the Post

Or as Kyle Brodziak would say, "First Past the Crossbar." Remember Mario Lemieux missing that open net in Salt Lake in 2002? No? Because they won, that's why. Poor Kyle, good player, hopefully still in the mix when the walking wounded get back.

So first post on the new blog, still fiddling with the format so it might change. Comment as you like, I'll keep adding links as time goes by. My preference is for links that might be a little off the map rather than for the Score or Sportsnet since those are easy to find. Yes, I did link to TSN and FoxSports, but those are my essentials so I have to have them. Content will mostly be hockey for the next while but I'll hit everything at some point. The colour scheme reveals my fan affiliation, and likely the bulk of the content, but it's not strickly an Oilers blog. Hopefully something for everyone, I'll try to improve the quality over time but really, no promises, this is the internet after all.

Oilers game tonight, on Sportsnet West of course. Following Friday's great win (a great win because it was a blowout, at home, against Anaheim, following an awful loss in Denver, and KBoz scored to make up for the other night's CLANG), tonight's rematch is an even bigger game in my mind. They have to come up with a big effort at least, winning three straight against the defending champs would be a lot to expect, but they have to show that they were at least good enough to win. Otherwise, they'll be that team all year long: just good enough to keep their losses interesting and hard to watch. I still think they could be a playoff team if they get everyone back and nobody gets hurt ever again and Horcoff gets 100 points and choir of giant talking broccoli stalks replace Paul Lorieau. I did predict an 8th place finish in a very small and exclusive hockey pool so it's possible. Isn't it?

Pisani back in the lineup tonight, according to The Source. My goal is to watch the game and write some reaction during the game, but Life might get in the way.

No comments: